Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nightmare Detective; Ratatouille

Watching movies is such a routine to me. At least a movie every week, I keep telling myself. Let it be new, old, any genres, any languages, any color. To date, I've seen almost 88 movies, an average of 3 movies a week. Of course, not all of them are released in the cinemas, and some of them are way back-dated such as the Evil Dead and Red Dragon. Anyway, I went for the preview screening of Nightmare Detective 2 weeks ago. At first, the movie occurred to be pretty cool to me, but after watching Nightmare on Elm Street, there seems to be quite a few similarities on concepts between the two movies. Basically, the title of the movie explains a lot of what one should expect and get from the movie. Japanese horror flicks are frequently to be missed whenever possible, but I seriously think that this one is a tad noteworthy among the bunch. ****

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Just this evening, I won another pair of tickets to the exclusive preview screening of Ratatouille in GSC 1 Utama. Ever since I saw the trailer months ago in the cinema, I've always been wanting to catch this one as soon as it's up on the screens. Seriously, I had pretty high expectations from this new digitally animated film. But, I have to admit that it did disappoint slightly!, but as a whole, it's still a great, presentable movie. The story is pretty simple; it tells a tale of how a rat achieves his dream of becoming a chef. The moral value of courage, bravery and bond between organisms are instilled here. Overall, Pixar and Disney have created yet another masterpiece, as far as I'm concern. Love it. ****1/2

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some of the movies that I have yet to watch: Harry Potter, The Simpsons Movie, Rush Hour 3 & Rise: Blood Hunter.

No comments: