Thursday, November 15, 2007

Eating Out.

Finally, my 'summer' holidays have officially commenced. Sat for my final paper on Monday, which by all means, contained some unfamiliar questions on topics which I didn't even study on. The hurdle was as high as 45%, and the paper is marked out of 80 marks. So, hopefully, with all the bullshitting (note that it was a Law paper) and luck, I'll be able to pass the unit. Anyhow, the results are certain and cannot be changes already, so I might as well just enjoy as much as I could before the results are released at the end of the month.

Had quarter of my day spent in PJ with Momo today. I wanted to try out this restaurant which was recommended by Chui Ling in her TV food program, One Day Five Meals which has wrapped up its first season. With quite a similar motive, Momo was deemed to go to Bon Bon's Cafe for some desserts since she did not join me the last time I was there.

First stop: Restoran Soo Kee

Address: 33, Jalan 41/17, Petaling Jaya.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Having been in the business for a couple of decades now, the small restaurant sells prawn wan tan mee and shredded chicken kuey teow only, which costs RM5 and RM4 respectively. However, one can order the latter with 6 prawn wan tan by adding another RM3 to the price. Besides, the steamed chicken which is topped with oyster sauce can be ordered as a side dish but I'm not sure how much it costs. Okay, the place wasn't as full as I would have expected, but the waiting time was a little above average. Maybe it could have been acceptable given that I wasn't really hungry at that time. Food-wise, I really love the taste of the soup. Broiled with prawn heads (which I presume), the soup is clear, sweet and salty, which works really well together with the noodles and chicken. As for the prawn wan tan, I thought that the taste was just good. Overall, I loved it.

Second stop: Bon Bon's Bakery and Cafe

Address: 22, Jalan SS 22/21, Damansara Jaya, Petaling Jaya, Selangor

It took us a really short while to travel to Bon Bon's Cafe from SS2. And lucky enough, we found a parking right away. I think I have amplely elaborated on the place before, so I'll just skip all those parts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Momo ordered a piece of their best-selling cake, Rich Chocolate Cake. Living by its name, the whole cake is indeed very chocolaty but moist after reheated. It was served with vanilla ice-cream with cocoa powder shimmered all over the plate. Overall, it's quite heavenly, although Momo admitted that the cake was still inferior to the one sold in Leisure Mall district. Priced at RM 7 (without ice-cream) and RM 9 (with ice-cream).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
However, I liked this cake more. The Banana Crumble, which most probably is another best-seller, made me wanting for more after finishing the whole piece, but of course, I was to full to order for another piece. With sweetened real bananas, the cake has them covered in crunchy oats (if Momo is right on that). It was my first time having such cake, so I'm pretty satisfied with it. Priced at RM 6.90 (without ice-cream) and RM 8.90 (with ice-cream)

No comments: