Friday, November 23, 2007

Econometrics Classmates Day!

I have to admit that I'm bonding pretty well with my classmates this semester despite of my frequent disappearance from lectures and tutorial. Anyway, it was unexpected crazy day. We started off by singing in Redbox Karaoke which showcased my skills in some Hokkien songs which are probably older than I am. On top of that, I ruined some of the Korean songs which were requested by one of my friend. Hope she's not mad at me or something. The session was short, as it lasted only for 2 hours and 30 minutes. Luckily, we were charged at the student rate without any tidbits fees. For that, we spent RM6.90 individually for the short but fun activity.

After that, we did a little grocery shopping in Jusco supermarket. I wanted to go to the arcade actually, but seems that there was no such department there. What a waste. I hate Juscos without arcade. Somehow, we still had some fun at the supermarket where I started impersonating an old grumpy grandma shopping for vegetable. Soon, it was time for dinner and the venue has been decided since ages ago...

Dinner spot: Restoran Yuen Buffet Steamboat

Address: 32A-1, Jalan PJS 8/6, Mentari Plaza, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

After being in business for a very long time, I think many are aware of this restaurant already. Just like most of the other steamboat restaurants, the buffet concept is the main selling point. At the same time, the tasty, never enough BBQ honey chicken wings will leave the customers wanting for more. It's undoubtedly the food with the fastest turnover rate, and the fastest to finish whenever it's served. Other than that, it's wide selection of seafood places the restaurant on top of most of the other restaurants around in the same area. Normally, the place is very crowded, and it might take up to 30 minutes just to wait for a seat, depending on the time and the number of pax. Nevertheless, we got a table right away for being really early. As I had to leave early, I'm not too sure of the price per head, but if prices have not been raised, it should be RM18.80 excluding drink charges. Overall, enjoyment and satisfaction guaranteed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Patience is crucial when it comes to steamboat. Food takes time to cook, y'all.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Herng Chyi couldn't wait any longer...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Wai Yin (right) is very knowledgeable in TVB dramas. Well, she actually competed for Astro TV Buff.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The girl in blue, she's Jane. She was actually from Caryn's secondary school. However, they don't really know each other lah.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Finally, a family portrait. Weng, the guy in red isn't majoring in Econometrics but was taking it as an elective only.

And if you haven't noticed, my swollen left eye was really obvious in these pictures!

No comments: