Friday, January 4, 2008

Cooking 101 #3

Hmm, am I living up to my new year resolution? Anyway, it was my first time utilizing the new recipe book which I bought last month. Chose 3 simple food to cook. As simple as they looked, it was tougher than I thought. The three dishes which I experimented were:
  1. Green Curry Puffs
  2. Roast Lime Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
  3. Coconut Custard with Mango
The puffs were quite a success. Screwed up with the chicken a little after misreading some of the procedures and added one of two of my own. The filling tasted well, but I will add up more spice the next time. Besides, I failed to gather all the ingredients needed because I wouldn't find any whole turmerics in Jusco mart and Cold Storage. The taste was fine but it needed a little more roast and less gravy. As for the custard, it was rather overcooked, making it rather hard. Topped it with mango slices. Well, overall, I had fun using a few hours just to make everything. At the end of the day, I was full, and exhausted.

Photobucket
Unlike the puffs sold outside, this one uses wanton skins as wrappers.

Photobucket
Yellow chicken with tender meat. I would call it a failure, but nevertheless, it was edible!

Photobucket
Coconut custard is easy to make, but not everyone would like it. My mom didn't. But my sister did.

No comments: