Sunday, February 12, 2006

Life's a bore.

Orientation for university is approaching, but I still don't quite feel like starting my uni life that quickly. It's only a week left until orientation, and 2 weeks more till the official start of living hell.
Talking about university, there was a course advice session on Wednesday that I had to attend. Was a bit late due to some unforeseen circumstances, but in the end everything went aight. Got to meet back my members of the infamous F4 gang, Steph and two of my best pals, Kel and Jul. As we entered the hall, we noticed that quite a large number of the students present were from Taylors, let it be TCSJ or TBS. Hm, quite a surprise because I was expecting a total new environment in Monash later. After the whole session that lasted for less than half an hour, we went to Sunway for lunch before setting our feet probably for the last time in TBS. Then, headed back to Monash to get my car, before dropping off Kelly in Sunway again. Cool day it was.

Hm, what else had been happening huh. Since the last time updated, I had quite some time to watch a few movies. Saw 3 movies of different genres, while each of them deserve to be appreciated thoroughly, only 2 of em' actually caught my attention for more than 90 percent during the runtime. Firstly, The Descent. Although after reading the reviews and recommendations from my peeps, I wasn't impressed by the movie at all. The only word to describe the movie on a whole would be boring. Boring, boring and boring. Maybe because the ambience at home wasn't right for the movie, so I couldn't really enjoy it. Anyhow, I was too distracted since I was chatting while watching that particular movie. But that shouldn't be the factor that pulled the my ratings for the movie down, which happen to measure to only **.
Boredom soon was killed by a great masterpiece called the 'Cinderella Man'. Even though the starting was a bit draggy, the fights were amazing. The movie was shot beautifully, thumbs up for the director. Besides, the main actor, Russell did a great job in my opinion. Renee on the other hand didn't surprise me with her usual acting in this movie since I expected somethign different from her since I last seen her in 'Chicago'. Nonetheless, the storyline was simple and heart capturing. Bravo. A stellar **** for this type of movie.

Lastly, I bet minority would know about the next movie I watched. It is called 'Are We There Yet'. Fresh faces in the movie would have lessen the potential audience while the title wouldn't have grasped much attention from the public. I certainly think that this movie is a crossover between The Pacifier and The Perfect Man, with new and twisted elements being blended in together as well. The ironic scene of the movie was predictable, and would disappoint audience with 'great' minds. Wholly, I view it as a heart warming family picture that would make a business in the home market, but maybe not the big screens. Overall, it falls into the *** category in my movie database.

Oh yea, talking about university earlier on reminds me of my timetable that has been drafted out by the uni. Basically, I'm not satisfied with it at all. For Christ's sake I would have to attend uni EVERYDAY according to that timetable. Right now, I'm waiting for the allocation to open to students again for changes to be made later on. I'm fine with the schedule from Monday to Wednesday, but on Thursday, there's only 1 class that I have to attend which will last for 2 hours only. Relevant to that, there's only 1 lecture on Friday, but worse still, it's only an hour which is from 8 to 9 in the morning. Damn. I'm not over it yet, as I'm still furious.
There was a small fuss over Grammys on the 8th, and I should take this chance to send my congrats to the following artists who were named winners in their nominated categories this year!!!1) Shakira - Best Latin Alternative/Rock Album2) Kelly Clarkson - Best Pop Album, Best Female Pop Artist3) Beyonce - Best RnB Duet (can't really remember the category for that)
Alright, that's all from me now. Outta here!

No comments: