Monday, February 6, 2006

CNY 2007

It was a rather busy week that kept me away from making an entry in my blog. Some days were miraculously boring, while the rest were exhilarating at first, before turning exhaustive by the end of the day.

The first few days of CNY were nothing much. Stayed at home all the time, waiting for my relatives and my parents' friends to pay us a visit, or in cantonese, it's simply known as 'pai lin', a tradition that has been passed down to the younger generations for long. While most of the time I will just stay quiet in the living room, fully concentrating on the conversations that was going on, sometimes I will think about the future where I would be doing the same, which is visiting my friends during this festive season in 5, 10 or 20 years time, where we would have been long separated since graduation. It would definitely be the time when we're able to relive the moments of our youth, or the golden times we had in college/uni or so.

On Thursday, I was able to reunite with my friends that I've known since primary. She was the first friend of mine to have a ride on my car. Haha... Had a plesant time with both of them in Mid Valley. We went to the cinema to watch a chinese flick called 'My Kung Fu Sweetheart'. Although the show was 'dumb', I will still give it a ***. Anyway, Cecilia is pretty. With a good characteristics, I think she would make a pretty fantastic girlfriend. After the picture, we spent time shopping around. I got some magz, while they shopped for clothes. It was fun, but it fell short, as Eve had to leave already since her boyfriend was there.

Friday, the 6th day of CNY wasn't exactly boring afterall. Joined Julia and Jess in Joyie's house. Wow, 3 J's. The time in Joyie's house passed very quickly, as we did quite a few things, such as watching her dog having sex with the plushies, and trying on the message chair. After hanging out in her house for a while, we went for late lunch (it was about 3 o'clock at that time) in a curry house near her place (and mine too of course). Then, we headed back to my house instead. Had quite a fun time with 'em around. Overall, I'm just grateful that the day turned out that way, as I wouldn't want to be bored to death just like any other days.

Saturday had to be the most tiring day of all. After playing mahjong the night before (for the first time I won about a hundred and ten), had to wake up early to visit my grandma's house in the afternoon. After 2 hours in my grandma's house, we had to go to my uncle's house which is located a few kilometres away. 10-20 minutes drive is required to reach there I guess. Anyway, in my uncle's house, there was nothing much for us to do, so by then we decided to go to Leisure Mall instead for an hour or so just to fill up the empty slots of our schedule before going to my Aunt's restaurant for dinner.

Right after the dinner, I had to go to Julia's house for her open house. It was my first time driving to her house, and I had doubts about the right ways to her house, but luckily, I made the right turnings successfully. I had a great time at her house, although due to my fatigue that day, I yawned a few times when the atmosphere got all boring. Nevertheless, Julia kept things going, and I just have to thank her for having me there as I was given the chance to know a different side of her. And Tammy and Joyie, both of them are just cool people, very open minded and crazy most of the time.

Now that CNY's coming to an end, all the fun will be gone soon. And of course the plessure of receiving the red pockets will be gone too.

Now for some movie updates, I've seen The Transporter 2 and 40 Year Old Virgin. I wouldn't categorise both movies under the bad section, but both weren't impressive at all. The Transporter 2 was only nice because of the jam packed actions, whereas I give my thumbs-up for 40 year Old Virgin for it's unique concept and idea. However, I liked The Transporter 2 a little bit more as the latter film turned out to be boring occasionally. Overall, I would give ***1/4 to TT2 and *** to 40YOV.

There are a few things that struck my mind these days. I just realised that I can't communicate well with each and every one, unless we share the same characteristics or interests. I just envy those who can bring themselves around well, ya know... those social elites. So strangers, boredom is definitely written on my face. No matter how many times I tried to be friendly to someone that I just met, I would normally fail miserably. My jokes or humor wouldn't work at all. I gess its time for me to get a book or two from MPH on that issue. :)

No comments: