Monday, January 30, 2006

CNY 2006

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone! Gong Xi Fa Chai! Nian Nian You Yu! Yi Lu Xun Fung! Re Re Fa Da Chai! May all of us prosper in this coming year! In fact, may our luck be better as always and let the dawgs golden the Chinese calendar year. Indeed, I could feel that this year will be unexpected, unprecedented and surprising.

So, let me have a look at what's been happening since I last penned a word here. Hm... okay now I remember that I watched a movie just the other day called Kungfu Mahjong 2. I think it's a great comedic movie that would appeal to audiences of all ages, unless they're extremely mentally disorientated. Some of the jokes made in the movie aren't familiar to us, but it still kept the movie going at a pretty stable pace. Overall, I will give it ***1/2 as the ratings. By the way, this movie marks the 20th movie that I've seen this year! And yet there's a lot more to come such as Jarhead, Band Camp, and March of the Penguins just to name a few.

On Friday, had a small gathering with old 'bitch', Amber a.k.a. Momo. Julia, her sister, Jess, her boyfriend, Hoong and Joyie came along. We had a pleasant time in Asia Club, where we met up with some of our ex-juniors from ex-secondary school, Sekolah Sri Garden. Man, looking at that, it reflects on how fast we're aging. Anyway, Foosball and pool session were great. We had a fun time kicking at each other asses, and shoving up the cue into the asshole. Opz. A bit too harsh. By the way, I certainly think that Julia, the King Kong ought to learn how to pose when she's hitting the balls. Heard that?

Saturday, time for reunion of course. As usual, my father brought us out to meet his friends in a restaurant located in Kuchai Lama. Got to meet back some of my old pals that went abroad to study. Hell they changed a lot. Fatter, thinner, prettier, more handsome, taller, etc. Those friends of mine were kinda close last mine. However, after being separated for few years, there is a gap between us already, which sorta sucks. Reunion 'party' was entertaining, with people singing, shaking their booty, and welcoming the new year. Looking at that, I strongly agree that this tradition should be continued by the younger generations. Above all that, whats more important is the red pockets that's given to unmarried children by the married adults. I love that part.

Now, time passed quickly and Sunday marked the first day of the New Year. Unfortunately, the day started off unpleasantly. Why? Just when I was sleeping soundly on my comfortable bed waiting for 10 o clock to strike, the dogs were already barking early in the morning to wake me up. On top of that, there was an electricity disruption, which lasted for a pretty long period. Man... but things got better as noon was approaching when everything went back alright. Quite a boring day afterall. Nighttime was a bit more fun, as my relatives (the monkeys) came to pay us a visit, as requested by my father. As I'm not so close to 'em, didn't really talk to them much. It was as if that we were in 2 separated worlds with a distance of few millions kilometres. Luckily, 2 cousins of mine were able to break the ice, and we had a little chat, but was ended in no time as they were to leave already. Nonetheless, they will be back tomorrow again.

Okay, the last time I posted, I mentioned about Keahi Farkas Gen. I can't believe that certain people thought that it was a new pet of mine. Well, I don't call it a pet, but it is a new life that's given to me. It's a car for goodness sake. Yeap, finally I got a car. Driving is okay to me now, but parking my car is a major problem occurring at the moment. Let it be side parking, or normal parking, I can't manage to park my car. Hm... maybe a little more time will help me with that difficulty or else I won't be able to go to anywhere alone.

Belated birthday wishes today: Chao Ying (26) & Shirley (28)

No comments: