Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Letter of Acceptance...

Since I last updated, life has been the same. No new characters in my drama, and exisiting characters still do exist for their own roles which I don't understand thoroughly.

Over the days when I was off from blogger, I managed to finish 4 movies. Firstly, Memoirs of a Geisha clearly was the best movie out of the 4 that I'd watched. The story was fine, and the casts portrayed the characters well, maybe except for Zhang Zi Yi who still has some difficulties with the language used in the movie, but overall, I can see improvements in her. Mameha, played by Michelle Yeoh was great. The most memorable scene of the movie gotta be the dance by Chyoe (if that's how the name should be spelt). By the way, beware people, 'cause we have our own geisha called Jujumachi around us. Easily, I would rate this movie ****1/2.

I saw the other 3 movies at home. Cursed, a debut performance by Christina Ricci wasn't a bad movie at all. Well, it did rake in 20 million in the US Box Office afterall. I personally think that Christina need to work on her acting skills a little more, some expressions of hers weren't convincing enough. The flow of the story wasn't smooth neither. Now that's a bit disappooinyting because it would be difficult for an audience to keep up with the story. Although I'm saying that, I still give this movie ***. Then, I saw Venom, one of the worst horror movies that I've watched so far. Story was dreadful and boring. Nothing much that I could say. That movie just falls into the ** category.

Finally, Into the Blue was up on my playlist. I have not much to complain about this movie. The sceneries of the oceans were definitely breathtaking and I will give it an additional * for the rating later; bravo to the director that shot this movie beautifully. Another so-so performance by Jessica Alba, I'm just waiting for her to take on an outstanding role that will push her to the next level of her career. For the story, I give it ** 1/2. So now, final rating for this movie: ***1/2.

Divergance. After waiting for a few weeks now, at last I received the acceptance letter from Monash University saying that I've benn accepted as a sudent in Monash. I'm so glad that it finally arrived because that certainly kept me bloody worried for days now. The commencement of the first semester would be in roughly 4 weeks from now, with orientation first of course and then the official opening of the gate of hell would be on the 27th of February. Unlike other universities, Monash seems pretty stressful and all. And the location of it isn't strategic since there isn't good food around that area. Fuck that. I want Peppercorn. I want Uncle Seng. I want Lucky Fish Mee. I want Cabana. I want Casamia. I want Al-Rafi. I want McDonalds.

Another 6 days to go till Chinese New Year. I think I'm done with my shopping already. But I still think that I should get another 2 pairs of pants. Mentioning shopping reminds me of Kelly. During my last shopping session in Bukit Bintang, Kelly was there too, working! And of course, as we're under the same family [orang utan=Kelly], I gave her a "surprise" visit. She gave me some samples to try on, and I eventually became her first customer out of her hundreds/thousands of customers later. Anyway, Alicia was working there too. Next time I go there, I will get something again through Alicia to be fair. The nuts are pretty delicious anyways!

During my last guitar class, my teacher insisted that I should go for examination this year for Grade 5. I really love to try, but looking at all the songs, chords, and scales that I would have to learn, I would hesitate at the same time. Just for the scales, I would have to memorise about 50 of them, which is about 6 pages or so. And for the songs, a glimpse at 'em tells me that they're awesomely difficult to be played fluently and dynamically. And the time left for preparation isn't enough for amateurs like me. Damn.

No comments: