Wednesday, January 4, 2006

I need some sleep, baby.

Been out the whole day. After waking up at 6.00a.m. this morning, which was much earlier than my normal awakening moment, followed Julia to my only one former school that I was imprisoned in for 12 years to give me beloved secondary, and primary teachers as well a surprise visit. However, since it was the first day for them too, we didn't have much chance to meet many of them. On top of that, we arrived during assembly time, so we couldn't have high expectations of course. So in the end, we saw Mr. Rama, Mr. Iskhandar, Ms. Lim (primary Mandarin teacher), Mr. Chandra, Encik Zul, Pn. Alina, Pn. Munap, etc.

Shortly after that, we gathered up with Julia's mom in Tmn Connaught for our breakfast. We had a great talk and laughed hysterically at jokes and promises. Then, we headed off to Sungei Wang for karaoke. I had the urge to sing, as I do want my own mini concert too :). Julia would understand that. Kelly was desperate to go there too, and insisted on going of course. The singing session was really priceless, we shared lots of joy and fun, and shed lots of energy on our actions definitely. Soon, they left for Sunway instead as they ahd something else ont heir mind that was to be done by then.

Since then, I wandered around in Sungei Wang hunting for jobs. Not long after that, I was joined by Phang, who wants to be employed during this holidays too. We searched and searched, jumping from stores to stores, asking for vacancies. The process was long, and surely exhausting. Fidning job is ridiculously hard. After he left, I continued searching and eventually ended up in 2 different restaurants that were ready to take me as their waiters, but I told the supervisor that I needed more time to think as I had to make a tough decision based on the time, salary, and side benefits. Moreover, the location isn't strategic, since Sugei Wang is so god damn far from Sri Petaling. Therefore, that point greatly pulled down my spirit to work in those 2 places.

Once I reached Sri Petaling again, my job hunting resumed. I went to this nearby restaurant that wants to hire waiter and cashier. Of course, I took hold of all my nerves and applied for the job as well. Even though the chances might be slim, as they seem to emphasize on the ability to converse and write in Mandarin, I still hope that I will be be hired so that I can learn something from that particular place. Besides, the location is very near to my house, which is a very liekable criteria that will determine my decision. Anyway, 2 SSGians were dining in that place when I was there. I wonder if they could remember my face or not, 'cause it's surely embarrassing to be meeting someone you know at the place you are or might be working at.

I know it's still early to many, but I find myself pretty used up by now. As I only slept for 4 hours and 30 minutes yesterday, the sleep I had was only enough to maintain my full consciousness for 9 hours I would estimate. Sleep, sleep, sleep!

No comments: