Friday, February 15, 2008

Monkey is Exhausted.

Firstly, a big Merry Valentine to everyone who's reading my blog. No no, I'm not staying up this late because of this crucial day for couples. I'm single. On top of that, I was actually out with my family to my dad's friend's open house/celebration.

Well, FYI, on the ninth day of the lunar month, Taoism believers celebrate the birthday of the Jade Emperor, the ruler of heaven. In Cantonese, we always say bai tin kong (拜天公 in Chinese), which simply means heaven worship. Almost every year, I would go to that uncle's house for such occasion. After missing out last year's celebration due to some unremembered reasons, I made myself available this time around. It's the only time when I can meet back some of my friends whom I see less than 5 times a year. Sometimes, it's just once.

The worshiping process was pretty long. Being one of the people who were helping out, I was having a time of my life burning the offerings to the deity. The whole procedure took us roughly an hour and a half. Just imagine how much incense and joss papers were burnt. Extremely near to the fire most of the time, for the first time I felt the bizarre heat of a burning fire. *Touching wood* and for that, I would never wish that I will die caught in a fire or something similar.

Okay, it's getting so damn late already. Shall I wish a good morning to everyone? I've been awake for almost 21 hours now. I know it's a no big deal, but heck, I'm sleeping this late for the first time this year. Overall, the day was pretty enjoyable. Oh, and I had lots of fun attending my line dance class this afternoon. We had special visitors today, and they were Chinese Lions. Yes, there was a lion dance performance in California Fitness, Mid Valley today. Watching them boosts the Chinese New Year atmosphere. And soon enough, I will be back to Uni again (which will happen within 10 days). I've rested enough, gimme some work to do baby!

No comments: