Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bon Odori '07.

Yo! Watup everybody? After 2 weeks plus, my mid-year holidays finally wrapped up. Experienced quite a lot this time around, without wasting much of the relaxation time. Putting them up for beneficial, full use, time passed really quickly, and though it was brief and sweet, I couldn't ask for more.

New semester has commenced, and I'm now in the new Monash Campus located in Sunway City. No longer the "Siamese twin" to the Sunway College University, we're now alone by ourselves. The place is pretty huge and spacious, and so far, I've only been to the School of Business where most of my classes are held. Our building is pretty convenience, as we are linked to the library and cafeteria. However, my unfamiliarity with the place slowed my pace in searching for my classrooms on my very first day. I bet quite a number of people is facing that similar situation. :)

Schedule this semester didn't change drastically, as I'm still having weekend from Friday till Sunday. Tuesday is considered a short day too, since I have to only attend an hour of lecture! Quite a waste of time, so I will find myself skipping it numerous time (if possible) in the foreseeable future. Nevertheless, can't develop it as a habit because there are only 6 students for that particular class! Yeap, Econometrics graduates in the making are soon to extinct if fewer people are signing up for that major. One thing bad about this new time table is the breaks between classes. All together, 4 hours of breaks for me. On top of that, I will have to wake up early on Mondays and Wednesdays. :S

Last but not least, as my new semester commences, results were released a couple of days ago. It was, perhaps, surprising. Expectations and hopes of passing each and every subject were fulfilled. The average marks even increased a little compared to the previous two semesters. I'm glad that my lack of effort last semester did not really affect the overall outcome. I just can't afford to spend another big sum of money just to repeat the failed units. Thank God!

Anyhow, I was able to join the crowd who made it to this year's annual Bon Odori. Being held for the 31st time now, it once again took place in Panasonic Sports Complex (formerly known as Matsushita Sports Centre). Everything's as usual - dances, fans, Japanese food and beverages, and cute Japanese around. By the time I arrived, which was like 9 o'clock, most of the things were selling fast already. And as I was busy dancing and dancing, paying my tribute to the spirits, I was actually unaware that I had to start buying some souvenirs before it was too late. Unfortunately, I managed to get only a bottle of honey green tea (which sucked) and 2 packets of juices. Oh and by the way, Adrien was there too!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Overall, it was really fun to join such events. But will I be there next year? Hmm, not sure. :X

No comments: