Monday, July 23, 2007

Tornade-Penang!

My sister told me a shocking incident that took place in Penang few days ago. It seemed that after the Tsunami massacre few years ago, Penang has a new worry to be taken care of. So what's the latest attack on Penang, which was not report in The Star (have searched through it) but has appeared on Chinese newspaper? Tornado, the 'it' disaster to be pondered on. Oh gosh, does global warming has something to do with this? Lets hope a few other natural disasters won't hit Malaysia. No, volcanoes, stay away! And earthquakes too! We have not even dealt with our flash floods and all. Anyway, here are some of the pictures taken by anonymous pedestrians appearing courtesy of PhotoDiSini.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Oh no! Is Earth reaching it's end?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Gonna hit the shore. Emergency sirens should be alarming right now, shouldn't it?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sometimes, human beings are just so unpredictable. Will someone stand and watch an approaching disaster?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Luckily, according to my sister, it lasted for only 5 minutes or so. Will it return? We certainly don't know.

It's really freaky to have heard about this. I've seen really miniature tornadoes along the highways before, but not that particularly enormous. I will definitely run for my life, or hide into some basements to ensure my safety. Oh and I'll bring my dog along too. Can't afford to lose it. And also my money, handphone, and other important belongings. Damn, too much too carry, too little capacity. What can I save, and what I couldn't save during an emergency? Tough question to be answered.

No comments: