Sunday, July 2, 2006

Back to school....

Gosh, long time no see mates. By the way I'm sure you people have noticed that there is a small self pic at the left of this post. Yeap, exactly like my previous blog, I'll continue with my philosophy "a self-pic a day keeps the monkey around all the way---". However, this time around, the actual size of the picture can only be viewed if there are to be any special requests.

Fortune-telling

It is the first time I get my readings directly from a professional fortune teller all the way from Singapore. She was here appointed by my mom's friends, and had some time to spare with me for 2 lunches in Chilli Padi, Kuchai Lama. Touching a bit on that "cafe & cuisine", there are a few scrumptious delicacies. For instance, one should try the deep fried lobster salad, the fish head tom yam and the nasi lemak. On top of those, their fried chicken is absolutely crispy!

Enough of that, I'm gonna talk about my reading now. Well firstly, she commented on my hair telling my mom that it should be shorter for my own good. I will never take that advice, as I think my hair is short enough already. According to the chinese culture, guys should clearly show their foreheads so that luck is on their side I think. Sadly, I'm not superstitious enough to subcribe to that view. Moving on, she then commented on the moles on my face and ordered me to go for mole removal. Apparently, it seems that particular mole on my face will carry bad luck to me and my family in the future. It is reasonable to remove it, although I don't believe in that. What I'm concern is that, without the mole, I might look better???

After that, we talked and talked and then my mom touched on a sensitive issue, which is marriage. She is so eager to find out when will I get married. Not so young, mom. Even the fortune teller told her not to worry about this because I'm still an adolescent (although 2006 will be my last year being one). She said at this point of my life, completing my studies is a priority. Most probably my mom's a bit worried 'cause until today I have not found myself a girlfriend yet. To counter that, the FT told her that as long as I'm brave enough to say 'hello' to my unimates, it will be rather easy for me to get one. Hmm, let's see about that. I ain't the sociable type, everyone knows. Besides, I love being around my bitches. It's more comfortable that way. Okay, that's just a small part of what she told my mom, and so far what I know. I bet she told a lot of other things to her, which is left unknown to me.

I.U. Day 06 - SSG, Saturday, July 01

Nothing much to say about this one. Was really thrilled to meet back some of my old former schoolmates and teachers. They include:
1) Ms. Khoo - The first person Kel and I met when we reached SSG. She's still looking young and definitely still a good economics teacher. Indeed, the best I'd ever had! Thank you Ms. Khoo.
2) Pn. Rossinah, En. Zul and En. Jeffrey - Those are my primary teachers for science, malay language and music. I miss the times when I used to be really, really young.
3) Pn. Rokiah - My BM teacher back in Form 5! She has never changed since the day I left school! Aw... suddenly I miss the times when she used to char me in class. I can still remember the beg that was up for bidding...
4) Pn. Munap - It was cool to bump into her in the Food Fiesta area. When I meant bumped, I really bumped into her by surprise. Damn, how nice if she still teaches me sports. She's a great teacher and has lots to teach.
5) Pn. Dina - One of my favorite teacher for Mathematics. She made me love that subject even more. Arigatou!
6) Friends - There are too many to be fully mentioned here! My ass is lazy!

Cheer 2006 - Stadium Putra, Sunday, July 02

Champion: Titans
1st Runner-Up: Dynamitez
2nd Runner-Up: Sellors
Best Sportsmanship: Blitzers
Best Costume: Adele
Best Merit: Xavier

Was there with Kel, Ju and Amb from 10.00a.m. to roughly 5.00p.m. A freaking 7 hours long event. At times, some of the teams failed to entertain, but a few did spice the atmosphere up. The listed teams above are the examples. Other than that, Queenz, as a new comer wasn't entirely bad, and was rather good. The team even scored higher than their sister, Shewanaz. Then, I think the Stunners was great too! Go Kimberley! Haha. It was definitely a devastating day for both Shirtliff and Xavier. After the close competitions between both participating teams, it seems that the underdogs won the spotlight today. Sellors was great, Dynamitez did their best although there was a slight malfunction, and Titans was almost perfect compared to others. Other performances of the day includes special guest star performance by Daniel Lee, the Malaysian Idol for 2nd season and a moment for the All Stars, Charm, a cheerleading team for those above 18 of age. What a tiring day it was.

Football

Okay I love World Cup this year. My predictions came true. All European teams advanced to the next round. I was flattered to see the Germans kicking the Argentinians' asses. It is true that the game was manipulated and all, but heck, Germany won, and I don't give a damn about being fair. Later on, Ukraine ost to Italy. That's predictable, right? Then, the disappointment continues for the supporters of England and Brazil. England has been a favorite amongst the Malaysians, guess the match yesterday delivered devastation to all of 'em as they lost to Portugal during the penalties. Nevertheless, the biggest fiasco was the match at 3 o'clock in the morning. Finally, Brazil, the overrated team was defeated by France by a margin of 1 score. Cool! When I checked the results this morning, I couldn't be more than just joyful. At last, there is a start of something new. Yeah!

No comments: