Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cooking 101 #5

It has been extremely long since I last cooked. Not that I don't want to, but I barely have the chance to so do because my parents are the ones cooking everyday for the family. Besides, with my packed shcedule for the past few weeks, I couldn't slot in anytime for cooking. Now that I'm having exams, finally I have some time to screw the ktichen up to myself. Haha.

Photobucket

Light snacks are my experties. Hereby, I tried baking chicken wings wrapped in pandan leafs. Before that, they were marinated with garlic, ginger, fish sauce, coriander and brown sugar. Oh, coconut milk was also included in the marinade. Although it was meant to be barbecued, but since I did not have a grill, so I tried baking it instead. The outcome was satisfactory although it could have been better if served with Thai chilli sauce.

Photobucket

Working with a chicken breast fillet, I came out with that honeyed chicken pieces. The fillet was again marinated, but this time, for a night even though 12 hours would have been sufficient. It was then dipped into a homemade batter of honey, sherry and other ingredient before frying it on a medium heated pan. I would say that the batter that I prepared was too liquidy, so the final result was not that good. Anyhow, it was still delicious enough. Have a piece, anyone?

2 comments:

Samuel Jack Wong said...

Whoa . Mr Lee cook !

Voneats said...

light snacks are the best!! i want some!! :(...