Sunday, June 20, 2004

Another Saturday...

Planned to wake up at 7.30a.m. today, and of course, the alarm did woke me up, but I went back to sleep again for another 30 minutes. In the end, my mom woke me up when she said that she had prepared my breakfast! Although in a rush, I spent quite a long time thinking of what I should wear. I just bought a new shirt from TopMan yesterday just to use the bloody RM25 voucher that expires tomorrow! Well, I went out today to SMK Puteri Ampang, near AmpWalk to attend their International Cum Installation Day.

~ It starts at 9.30a.m. and I was late since I woke up at 8.00a.m. as I left my house at 8.45a.m. to take LRT. It doesn't go right to the place, so I had to change to Putra at Masjid Jamek. The school is quite far from Ampang Park. Walking there made me sweat a lot. So I decided to stop by AmpWalk to get a drink and to dry off my sweat. When I reached the school, it was quite empty from the outside as everyone was in the hall already. I was greeted by 2 interactors at the registration counter and they asked me to register. I wrote down my name and my position. The girl was quite shocked when she knew that I'm the President. And she asked me am I the only one who will be attending, and as usual, yes. They charged me RM6 as I'm interactor, although I wasn't wearing my Interact uniform. And they gave me a piece of tissue also, how kind of them to do so!

The theme for their event was Vision Through Darkness. For that, the hall was very dark. When I entered it, I could hardly see a thing except the stage. I simply sat at my place and in coincidence, Cheng Han was just 2 rows in front of me. When I was there, I already missed out the roll call, the singing of the national anthem, the interact song and speeches. Luckily I didn't miss the opening ceremony. Right after that, it was time for entertainment. Oh yea, I noticed that the backdrop was really nice. So, the performances started with a drama. It was nice. Better than ours. It was quite meaningful, but the story seems like a paste from a story that I read from electronic mail. After that, they had a dance by Britney and Madonna wannabes. So the song was none other than "Me Against the Music".

~ Time for refreshment came and everyone went to the canteen. They served fried mee hoon, curry vege-chicken, normal chicken nuggets, spicy chicken nuggets, jellys and cin cau. The nuggets were finishing very fast and we all took about 50 of them! Then, I went to their exhibition hall. They did a lot of research and work on it. But I have a thought. Once I entered the room, I thought I entered a sauna or something as they lit up a lot of candles in the room. Being in the room for 5 minutes made me sweat a lot. So I decided to snap 1 or 2 pictures and ciao as quickly as possible.

After that, I went back into the hall for more entertainment. This time around, a girl sang "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill. She's a really good singer, but the mic went on and off. So the performance wasn't that good. Then, I think it was time for the African Dance. It was awesome. I wished I could have joined them. Hm... what else. Oh yea, the fashion show. It was a short one but antertaining enough. The performances ended with a song and dance performance by a group of incoming and outgoing interactors. And guess what, they used the song "She Bangs" by William Hung. Of course, everyone laughed at them.

~ Then, their installation took place. And right after that, it was time for presentation of souvenirs to the guests. The fellowship was canceled, so that was the end of it. Before I went off, I got Ee Vonn's contact. She's the new President for that Club. She's cool, smsed her for quite a while and she sounded very friendly to me.

Here are some of the pictures taken during the event:

Hot! Hot! Hot!

But the idea was still brilliant!

Draculas attack!

Angel of Sadness!

Angels of Love!

Angels of Happiness!

Angels of Beauty!

The last angel!

This is their souvenir. Not bad at all.

The program book (the butterfly stick), the bracelet (souvenir to the guest) and glow-in-the-dark stick.

No comments: