Thursday, June 10, 2004

Didn't get through, but it was worth it...

Yes. I wasn't chosen. So what? I gained more than I lost. Most important is that I went through the whole process of it. It was cool. Yet tiring.

~ I reached Times Square at 9.00a.m. Although it was early, many people were already there. Thank god I met Hui Wen. I wonder how am I supposed to wait without boredom if I hadn't met her. Well, the group got larger when we talked to Fairus I think. After that, our group got a new member who is Affina. She's cool. She wore this jeans that was very attractive as many of the camcorders holders shot her. I bet you will see her on TV. Just when we haven't get into the waiting area, we were joined by Eunice(studying in a music academy) and Jonathan(17 but looks like 20+). So at that time, we have 5 people in our group. Well, later in the audition waiting area, we were then joined by another 3 fellas, all Indians... but I can't remember their names. That's not the end of it, later on, our group got larger when a group of Penang folks joined us. Allow me to count. That will make our total number of members to... 14! We're like the most active ones in the whole room! I can't imagine going there all by myself, thinking that I can survive without anyone to talk to. But now, I admit that I'm wrong. Life's so much nicer with people to accompany you all the time.

Okay, I'm gonna sum up what other people whom I know sang:
1) Fairus - Belaian Jiwa by Innuendo
2) Hui Wen - Everytime by Britney Spears
3) Affina - Reflection by Christina Aguilera
4) Jonathan - A Frank Sinatra song...

~ While we were patiently waiting for our turn of audition, many things happened. We had a free live dancing, games, and dancing class! The process of waiting was very memorable and shall be humming a sweet and lovely tune in my mind whenever I think about it. Anyway, the hosts for the show have been chosen, Jien and Aleya. Jien is quite okay, but the girl seems too goofy.

Why do I say that I gained more than I lost? Here's the calculations... lolz...
01) Free live dancing and it was raunchy! +2
02) Played spin-the-bottle-cum-dare +2
03) Jonathan did a strip tease +2
04) Affina had to sing in front of the whole crowd +2
05) Getting free dancing class by a professional trainer! +4
06) Having the chance to make an advertisement for MI +3
07) Playing a really lame game (passing the bottle) +1
08) Jokes +2
09) Free mineral water +1
10) Meeting new "friends" +5
11) Getting good luck messages (1*no. of msgs) +10
12) Had to wait for 6 hours (1*no. of hours) -6
13) Not chosen -5
14) Choosing the wrong song -2
15) Being nervous -2
16) Not responsive -3
17) Receiving a call from Jiu Wei and Ee Vonn +2

And the total is... +18! In the end, once again, the process is more important. It has taught me lots of things. Why do I say I'm not responsive? Lolz... the lady called my reference ID for 4 times, and I didn't even respond to her. And yes, I was nervous when I sang the song. As for the advertisement, our group had to say,"Watch Malaysian Idol, Friday Night, on 8TV". What else, thank you to those who wished me good luck and they are:

01) Rachael Ong
02) Jonathan Tan
03) Jennifer Lim
04) Kelly Loh
05) Shook Yee
06) Cheng Han
07) Lisa
08) Amber Ho
09) Ivan Lai
10) Phang Jun Hoe

And of course, orally, those people who wished me good luck are none other than Jonathan and Fairus because we were in the same batch for the pre-audition. Thanks a lot to y'all! If I missed out anyone, please forgive me as my memory isn't that good afterall.

Well, my audition started at 3 something. It was late. The judges weren't Fauziah, Roslan and Paul as it was only pre-audition. Well, the Indian guy said that I'm good. Maybe I sounded sucky, he said that just to make me feel better only. Anyway, it's over now and I'm back to my normal daily life. Hm... I guess I have to find other ways to lift my stardom. As for now, I shall concentrate on SPM... but before that, I have so many unsettled business... homework... annual report... and lots of tv programs that I have to watch!


The envelope that I received from 8TV on the spot.

The sticker that I had to stick on my shirt at the chest level!

Having a dancing class! It was fun! Look for me! Front row, 2nd from right!

I just received an sms from Christopher stating that I was shown on 8TV just moment ago. Damn, I always miss myself on TV!

No comments: