Saturday, November 5, 2005

7 movie reviews!

Alright. I'm just gonna review on the movies that I watched during the holidayz so far.

1) Chicken Little (*****) - Best movie of the year yet. It's awesome, humorous, entertaining, and the length of the movie is just right. An hour an 15 minutes, its worth the time and money to go to the cinema just to watch this 'kiddy' movie. By the way, Helena's really fat in that movie. And she loves to sing... "I will survive!". Caryn appeared for a fews seconds only... and Julia, she's really funny... I can see some resemblance between her and Abby from that movie.

2) Creep (***) - Hm... the idea of this movie is rather fresh and unique, but there are some parts of the movie that needs further elaboration. Pretty bloody, this movie will gore out its audience. Watch this if you liked Saw or Elfen Lied. The concept is very similar.

3) Doom (* 1/2) - One of the lousiest movies that I've seen this year. Although it was entertaining at first, the twist of the movie didn't really add to the excitement. In contrast, it left me cold and bored. Superhumen, alien, etc. It's like the z grade of x-men meets predators. And I find The Rock weird as an actor.

4) Initial D (**1/2) - Just like the comic, adaptation of it to the movie will satisfy most of its established fans. But me, well the movie isn't bad afterall, but I'm doubtful about how good Jay Chou's acting is. As far as I'm concern, if this is his first movie... I think he did fairly good. But if it's not, then he ought to have some special classes.

5) Pontianak (**1/2) - Okay, I saw this on TV3 yesterday. Most people will definitely think that it's a lousy movie, but the truth is, it's moderately good for a Malay movie. The storyline is there, although a bit confusing. The actions were rather fake, making me laugh. Some scenes were funny too. Yea, the ending sucks because it wasn't an ending. Part 2 will be out in the cinema soon which the Norman will look for his descendant I think.

6) One Missed Call (***) - Another average horror flick that left me terrified at times. This movie reminds me of another Korean horror movie that was about phone calls too. I think those who are into Jap/Kor scary movies would enjoy watching this.

7) Freaky Friday (****) - No matter how many times I rewatch this movie, I still love it. Its a movie that everyone should watch with their family occasionally. Lindsay was still so young and small in that movie, which is great.

No comments: