Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Movie-maniac.

Been damn fucking long since I used the dashboard. Eventually, the Monkey is back to tell y'all bits of his life during his holiday so far. Anyway, for those of you who are wondering if I've actually gotten back my desktop yet The answer is hell no. I have not been contacted since the guy told me that my motherboard was failing to function, which happend to be Sunday. In the call, he told me that he will only take a day or two. And heck, Thursday is already ahead in less than 2 hours. I miss everything in my desktop - pictures, videos, songs, etc.

So so, my ass is out in the town most of the time. Hereby, I self-acclaim as a Redbox Kaki. No, I'm not going there everyday, but almost once weekly. I just love going there, although I can't sing well. Back in Form 2, Jennifer once suggested me to shut my mouth and stop singing. My voice sucks was precisely pointed out by her in a written note which I still keep until this very moment. My fair princess has not sent me any pictures yet so I have nothing to post. (PT! I want the pictures ASAP!!)

While I'm not in Redbox, I find myself watching movie most of the time. At home and at the cinema. A few old movies that I caught were:

1) Lucky Number Slevin (****1/2) - Majority knows that I'm not a person who's into thrillers. But in this movie which starred Bruce Willis and Josh Hartnett, the storyline blew me off. Bravo.

2) Mission Impossible 2 (***1/2) - Pretty old. Action packed. Satisfactory result.

3) The Da Vinci Code (****1/2) - Interesting story with a few gory scenes which disgusted me. I regret not catching this on the big screen early this year. However, I will have to question myself if I'll be able to cling myself to the seat for more than 2 hours...

4) Wedding Crashers (****) - Crude humors from the big casts of the movie did not disappoint. Moreover, Rachel McAdams played a major role in the movie too. Heart her.

5) The Fast and The Furious (***) - This is where the Rempits get their inspirations. It was a fairly good movie I would say.

6) The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift (**1/2) - While it doesn't continue from where it stopped, the movie did not live up much to the hype of its predecessor. And also, the main actress couldn't seem to portray her role skillfully. What gone wrong?

Well, moving on 3 new movies that I caught recently:

1) Eragon (***1/2) - It's the holiday season everywhere and the market needs a heroic movie to target a big scope of audience. The movie has all the aspects to make ti successful, but when Narnia delivered a stellar job, this movie only did it at 75%. As the first installment of the whole trilogy it seems, I was satisfied with the movie since it did entertain me. But the fact that I was sitting on 2 rows from the screen distracted me from giving my 110 percent concentration. By the way, the dragon (Sapphire? Sapphira?) was really cute and adorable during her tender ages. There are a few hilarious moments in the movie that one should catch for. One of it is the part when Eragon said "You look... fir for battle".

2) Seed of Darkness (**3/4) - I think most of you have not even heard of the movie before. Perhaps, do you recall reading about this local production of "Nephesh Seed" by popular artists (Amber Chia, Vick Teo, etc.) back in a while, like almost a year ago? With the final editing summarising, here comes the movie, hitting our cinemas soon actually, but I had the chance to catch the exclusive preview screening. Hmm, so the movie IS SCARY and yet, funny at times. I jerked and screamed as usual. Not too bad, but yes, it's predictable. So those of you who plans to watch it, think twice if hate something thats usual, normal and not one of a kind. On top of that, don't complain on the acting by um, the side characters. They did not look convincing enough...

3) The Haunted Apartments (*1/2) - Major disappointment! My expectations for the movie unquestionably surpassed the real excitement conveyed. The clear idea is rather unique, but small elements of the movie are a tad identical from other horror flicks. The poster definitely tricked me into watching this. The irony twist towards the ending which I suppose was targeted to add a little bit of spices to the movie failed to work for me. All in all, NO, don't bother to watch this! Sigh...

No comments: