Thursday, December 28, 2006

Connaught Pasar Malam.

Another trip to Mid Valley for movie. Saw this new flick called the Confession of Pain starring Tony Leung, Shu Qi and Takeshi Kaneshiro. Overall, I rate the movie a ***1/2. The story is a bit common and predictable, but the director made it work technically by shooting the movie perfectly. Aside from that, the flow of the plot was smooth and well planned. Certainly, RM6 was well spent.

After that, rushed to Connaught for the longest night market in town. The traffic was terrible, caused by the breakdown of a car towards the U-turn at the divider to Leisure Mall and Phoenix Plaza. Well, at least some time was saved since I found a parking shortly after I turned.Just minutes after I left the car, rain started to shower all the night market walkers. Fortunately, I had umbrellas. Too bad for those who had to hide themselves under the shelter for quite a while. Nevertheless, the rain cleared and soon the street was flooded with patrons.

So, what's so great about this pasar malam other than its length and varieties? The food was just okay. Perhaps, could be dirty because my friend had a bad stomach pain about 4 hours after. Anyway, a few things that you should try there. The fried tofu and fried mushroom are really t-a-s-t-y. Love it when its freshly fried. Then, the japanese crepe shouldn't be missed. Also, try the steamed oval fishcake and curry fishball. My personal pasar malam favorite. Last but not least, nobody should resist the crispy, sweet Vietnam Popiah with essence of the tropical coconut floss and "yin yang" sesame.

Of course, when there's good, there's also bad. I wouldn't recommend the so called China Hamburger. I didn't find it nice at all. The bread, meat and egg just did not mix and match each other in an inviting way. Luckily, it cost only RM1.20 per piece. Then, one could also find this explosive gigantic meatball. It's sold by Fatman steamboat if I'm not mistaken. Well, the meatball is nice, but it's disappointing enough when it doesn't match it's name. Don't know what I'm talking about, try one yourself. Didn't have the chance to take any pictures actually. Reason? Left my phone in my car.

So, that wraps up my ever first time in that night market. The next time I'm there, I shall guarantee some photos to be brought back for remembrance. :p

No comments: