Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! It's the second of May and most families would probably be out for celebration, either hitting the mall, visiting the zoo?, or dining out. Well well, my family doesn't practice this custom of really gathering and celebrating it. Just a dinner will do so. And we already had it last night, with only one of my moms, my sister and her family. My other mom is away for vacation in Penang since Saturday morning, so she had to miss out on it.

Well, on this very special day I just have to thank both my moms for raising me up with love, concern and care. I do know that they have sacrificed a lot for me. I'm really blessed to have 'em as my mommies! Been "quite a while" since I had actually taken any pictures together with them and here are some random pictures taken during my childhood with the two terrific woman in my life.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Guess who born me? The one above? Or the one below?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anyway, do y'all know that Mother's Day isn't celebrated in every single country on the same day? Most countries would celebrate it on the 2nd Sunday of May (Australia, United States, Japan, Malaysia, Hong Kong), but in certain countries, dates differ by quite a lot. In countries like United Kingdom, it is celebrated on the fourth Sunday of Lent, and it is called the Mothering Sunday which fell on the 17th of March this year. In Spain, it falls on the first Sunday of May instead of the usual second Sunday while the French honors their mothers on the last Sunday of the very same month. In South Korea, it is celebrated on the 8th of May each year. In Thailand, mothers get their treats only on August 12. Lastly, our neighbour country, Indonesia, tends to celebrate it 3 days before Christmas (22nd of December) each year. Ain't it interesting?

No comments: