Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mi is coming!

Exactly a month from now, I will be heading to Genting Highlands for a concert that I has been long awaiting and anticipating for. No, Beyonce's tour isn't covering our nation but Sammi Cheng is. Y'all know that I consider myself as a devoted fan of Sammi for at least 10 years now since primary school. She has grown, and so have I. Her stardom did fluctuate for the past few recent years, but now she's making a comeback. In Hong Kong, the concert which was intitially planned for two nights was extended to 8 nights in the end, with profits from two of the nights contributed to charity. That has just proven that Sammi's status as the industry's Queen of CantoPop.

Anyway, her concert in Malsysia will be held in Genting Highlands (just like two of her previous concerts). It's scheduled for 22nd and 23rd of June and the sales of tickets have already commenced. From what I heard, most of the VIP seats have been fully booked or purchased. How great. On top of that, it was also rumoured that the cheapest tickets are unavailable anymore, too. Well, I'm going for only one night, which is on the 23rd, since the last show is normally the best. One of my friends planned to go for both nights, which I couldn't due to financial limitation. By the way, I'm not sure of my seats yet, since they were actually redeemed through Genting WorldCard, and not purchased. Hopefully it's somewhere in the middle and not too far from the stage. Anyhow, below are the details of the concert:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

With the concert, Sammi reclaimed her spot as the Everchanging Fashionist. Check out some of the costumes that was worn. I think the lizard-like eyebrow will be another trademark for her, succeeding the Nike eyebrow back then. Her Bob hair looks rather weird, but the leopard inspired outfit is extremely hot. Also, spotted as an audience during the concert is Gillian Chung, a member of Hong Kong's top band, Twins. She was there for 2 nights I think, and on the second night, Sammi invited her to the stage to sing a duet together. It's really heart-warming to see established artists supporting each other. All in all, I can't wait for the concert!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: